Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Enough Evidence to “Convict”.

The evidence piled up.  It didn’t matter where I looked - I saw it.  Evidence of changed lives.  Evidence of God’s love.  Evidence of God’s grace.  If this were a court case where someone was accused of being loving and serving beyond “reason” – we would have won by a landslide!
 I worked at a retreat this past weekend and I have to say it was one of the best weekends of my life. Seeing God in everything and everywhere. The fingerprints of His work. The messages that said “I am here.” I still wonder what God felt like KNOWING the “surprise” He was going to spring on us through a song that “suddenly” played as the pastor was talking to us about how we leave such an unforgettable weekend and go back to our daily lives? The pastor was rolling the radio dial showing us the static and mixed up messages that would surround us when we go home. Suddenly the radio played a song loud and clear – beginning with these words:

“Jesus carry me,

You Are strength in my weakness

You are the refuge I seek

You are everything in my time of need

You are everything, You are everything I need”

[Song by Kutless: Everything I Need]

God must have smiled from ear to ear! I imagine that he called his angels around him, just to watch this scene unfold.



There were many stories of lives that were so broken and so messed up – then God entered. When God enters in He makes all things new. We are all on our own separate journey. And sometimes life is just hard.  No other way to say it.  I don't know who said this but "God never promised life would not be hard, but he did promise we would not be alone."  We, as people going through life together, might experience the same things in our lives, but at different times. God has his own time table for each of us. He has His own plan and everything is in HIS time.

I saw evidence of His plan unfolding in many lives this past weekend. I saw evidence of people extending (and receiving) grace and love. I saw God at work in such a way that it has left my heart burning to be more intentional in my walk with Him, serve Him and be His hands and feet to others as God’s plan unfolds in my life and theirs.


The theme verse for the weekend was Luke 24:32 -

They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”

The weekend retreat left me with a holy and I hope incurable heartburn for God and a desire to share God’s love with others as we walk along the road together - through life.

2 comments:

patty said...

So thankful for His love and faithfulness to you and the ladies last weekend! love you!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Here's to Holy Heartburn! Wow, what a weekend. You are such a blessing, Nancy. And you captured it beautifully here.

I love you dearly.