Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Because of God's great love.


2 Timothy 4:7-8 “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day.”  Remembering a dear friend who danced her way into Heaven two years ago today.  She taught me about the kind of person that I wanted to be. I am a better person for having known her.  I am so thankful to God for the gift of her friendship. I am forever changed because of her friendship and influence on my life.   

My life verses come from Lamentations 3:21-23, 32-33 “Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone.”  In the past 2 years I have experienced God’s love, grace and healing in so many ways.  It has been a journey, that is for sure.  Yet, it has been a journey, that I would never change.  

My heart and body have known deep pain… But today I testify that God has been very faithful.  He has proven his love over and over again, to someone who at times doubted God and His goodness.  He has brought healing to places in my life that at times when I lost hope, I truly felt these places would never heal. I felt hopeless about finding relief from the excruciating pain in my back.  For the last 8 months I have experienced such a reduction in pain, that I can once again function in my day to day activities.  God has healed a grieving heart that questioned if I would ever want to “go deep” in my friendships and relationships again.  God taught me to see people and situations through his eyes. His compassions never failed!  Great is His faithfulness!  His love never failed! God is so very good!  I am a better person today, I am closer to God today, My love for him has grown to a depth I never knew existed because of the journey that he has walked with me on and many times carried me through.  I am trying to find words for something that my heart cannot express and I think that is ok….. 

I am going to let this song speak for me today. 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful testimony and reminder of God's amazing love, grace and faithfulness to us in each and every circumstance.
Love you, dear friend!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Oh Nancy. This is beautiful. The words on Deanna's note are, "God is good." Indeed, He is so, so good.

Love you.

Nancy @ Drawn In By Undeniable Grace said...

I remember that note paper... I still have it. :) And those are the words ringing in my ears all morning "God is so good, so very, very good". I still really miss her, I do, I would be lying if I said I didn't. But the pain of grieving has turned into something else and that is thanks and praise to God for giving me the gift of her friendship and all that came with that friendship, and the gifts God has given to me since her death. I am praising God today for her and for his plan.