Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Peace God Provides

John 14:27


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


We moved to another house in July, still in our same town, just a different house. When we bought this house, we felt very strongly that God was leading us to this house, for the purpose of giving people who needed “shelter” and place to stay. The economy is still not the best in our area and the housing market has been in “park” for about 6 months now, so we currently own 2 houses. Our kids have long begged for a home at “the lakes” (about an hour from us) and we have always told them that ‘no, we can’t afford 2 houses”. Now we own 2 houses so they are wondering why we have said we can’t and now we do. Our answer? Just because we do, doesn’t mean we can. *smile*


Throughout the past few months I have had my doubts, times of fear, times when I questioned whether we did the right thing, times of an absence of peace in my life. Then Ju Chan arrived in the US and needed a home and without question we knew he was supposed to live with us. We did not want to receive anything financially for allowing Ju Chan to live with us, however, his father insisted and wired money to us for Ju Chan’s care. God provided. Last week a man that we attended college with us contacted us, he needs a place to rent in our town during the week, would we rent our home to him? God provided.  Two days ago I began a new job.  This one is fewer hours and more pay.  God provided.  We made the first double house payment last week and I am truly stand amazed at how God is providing for us in tangible ways. Why am I so amazed? God’s deepest desire is to love and care for his children. God’s deepest desire is to deepen my relationship with him.


After a few “quiet” weeks with only one showing, we have had 3 showings in the past two days. As I opened the house yesterday for the realtors, I realized I have complete peace right now with this situation. God knows. He knows my needs. He knows the plan. He does not promise an absence of hardship in our lives, He promises that HE will never be absent.

3 comments:

patty said...

So thankful you're seeing His provision and that He's blessed you with peace! love you!

pam said...

I have not a clue how I found you but it was good to read this post today. This economy has messed with our lives but good and we are still waiting to see God's answers, His provision but along the way we are pressing in deeper with Him. Life with God on this side is often messy but He is faithful. YAY for His revelation of new answers in provision...how He is making a way is so sweet. Just keep abiding...that's what I tell myself. He will take care of the rest.

Nancy @ Drawn In By Undeniable Grace said...

I don't know how you found me either, but I do know why you did... I just popped over to your blog and read your most recent post. It truly blessed, challenged and encouraged me! As for your comment here -- I love how you put this: "along the way we are pressing in deeper with Him". That reminds me of 2 Corinthians 4:7-10. Blessings to you, Pam.