Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Victory Parade

I am thinking a lot about Heaven these last few weeks; and especially since Deanna entered eternity two days ago. She had battled for a long time this disease that slowly took over her body. She was in so much pain here on this earth, yet in the end whether she “beat” the disease or died from the disease; she was victorious – either way. I have this feeling that she danced her way into Heaven, announcing the whole way that she was “Here for the party!” That is just the way she was.  Now, she sees and knows what we so often wonder about.


Revelations 3:5 (NLT) “All who are victorious will be clothed in white. I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my Father and his angels that they are mine”.

I also love how the The Message Version of the Bible puts this verse:
"Conquerors will march in the victory parade, their names indelible in the Book of Life. I'll lead them up and present them by name to my Father and his Angels.”


Victorious conquerors marching in the victory parade, led to the Father and presented by name. WOW! Imagine that in your mind. Yes, I miss her [very much], but I would never wish for her to be back here, when I know that what she is experiencing now is so much better, than she was experiencing here!



Her eyes closed here and they opened to this:

 Revelation 21
 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone.  And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.  He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
 And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.” And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life.  All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children.


She was welcomed into heaven by her loving Father, with open arms. And He made her new. A new cancer-free body. No more pain. No more tears. No more crying. All of that gone forever! Praise God! I find peace in that. I long for that day. Until that day we are to keep telling all who are thirsty about the Water of Life, the God who draws us to Him, so that we may live with Him forever.


And Deanna… I am sure that crown looks great on you!


1 comment:

patty said...

Beautiful words...