Monday, May 10, 2010

Celebrate This Day

Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Don't miss what God is doing in your life because all you can focus on is what you wish He was doing. Celebrate THIS day! – Ron Hutchcraft


I read those words last week in an email devotional that I receive every day. They opened my eyes to something that I had been missing. And I would have missed those words if I had not slowed down enough to read all the way to the end of the devotional. Sometimes we think we know what we are looking for and where God wants us or what he wants to do with us. And we really haven’t got a clue what is really important, so we stay busy doing all these good things. But “busyness” for God is not really doing what God wants or intends for our lives to be about. Matthew 11:28-30 - "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." What can we learn from Jesus? He did take time away, alone, to pray. He waited for his Father’s timing.

I am in a time in my life right now where I am seeking where God wants me….what He wants to do with me. I was so busy looking for places He might want me to be and what I “wished He was doing”. I was forgetting that each day is His. Each day is a gift. I trust and claim the words of Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I think the one thing that God really wants us to do is sit at his feet…. To just listen. To just spend time with him. And not wishing for other things to be happening in our lives.

I encourage you to join me in taking some time today to slow down, to listen and to celebrate THIS day.

No comments: